EZVIZ, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively “EZVIZ”) provide the following services for use in conjunction with various EZVIZ Internet-connected products (“Products”): (1) a EZVIZ user website and user accounts that may be accessed at www.ezvizlife.com, and all associated sites connected with www.ezvizlife.com (the “Website”); (2) online services accessible through the Website (“Web Apps”); (3) software applications that can be downloaded to a mobile device (“Mobile Apps”); and (4) subscription services, including paid subscriptions to EZVIZ’s cloud storage services and other paid features (“Subscription Services”). The term “EZVIZ Services” means the Website, Web Apps, Mobile Apps, and Subscription Services.
1. Children’s Privacy
EZVIZ does not intend that any portion of its EZVIZ Services will be accessed or used by children under the age of 13, and such use is prohibited. Our EZVIZ Services are designed and intended for adults. By using the EZVIZ Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years old and understand that you must be at least 18 years old in order to create an Account and purchase the goods or services advertised through our EZVIZ Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that an Account is associated with a registered user who is not at least 18 years old, we will promptly delete information associated with that account. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18 years of age, you must have your parent or legal guardian register a Product or create an Account to use the EZVIZ Services, and you must only use the EZVIZ Services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
2. Collection of Information
When you interact with us and use our EZVIZ Services, including through a connected Product, EZVIZ will collect information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you use the EZVIZ services. This information includes both “personal information” and “non-identifying information.”
“Personal information” means information about you that specifically identifies you or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you, such as name, telephone number, email address, physical address, date of birth, video content files that may contain personal visual identity information, and payment information.
“Non-identifying information” means information that alone cannot directly identify you, such as product serial numbers, log data that automatically records information about your visit, such as your browser type, domains, page views, the URL of the page that referred you, the URL of the page you next visit, your IP address, and page navigation, unique device ID collected from Products and your mobile devices, data from cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons, video content files that do not contain personal visual identity information, the country and time zone of the connected Product, geo-location, mobile phone carrier identification, and device software platform and firmware information.
3. Information you Provide to EZVIZ
EZVIZ collects information that you provide to use when using the EZVIZ Services, including through a connected Product, in several ways.
- When you register with EZVIZ Services and activate Products: You voluntarily provide us with personal information when you create your account to use the EZVIZ Services or register a Product for online video access and viewing (“Account”). In addition, when you install and activate Products, you will be asked to provide certain basic information via our EZVIZ Services, such as your camera’s name, verification code, device passwords and serial number, which are unique to the Product connected to the EZVIZ Services and associated with your Account.
- When you purchase Products or Subscription Services from us: When you pre-order or make purchases through our EZVIZ Services, we request that you provide your payment information, such as a credit card number, account security code, name, address, email address, phone number, and any other information necessary to complete the transaction and ship the Product or provide the Subscription Services to you.
- When you save and share video content with others on the EZVIZ Services: When you save and share content through EZVIZ Services, like video clips, live video streams, images, captions, and comments (“Your Content”) for other individuals to access, we will collect identifying information that will allow you to save and share Your Content, such as your email address and email address of the person you elect to share your content with.
- When you elect to refer the EZVIZ Services to a friend: Through our EZVIZ Services, you may be able to invite other people such as friends or family to use the EZVIZ Services and download our mobile app. We collect that person's email address to automatically send an invitation by email on your behalf. We collect this information to send this email, to register your friend or family member if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation services. In order to refer a friend, you must first obtain the consent from the person being referred to provide information on their behalf and inform them that they will be receiving a communication from EZVIZ.
- When you contact us for support: When you respond to our e-mails, contact our customer service, or use other customer support tools, we collect your information to provide you with support, verify your identity with your Account profile information, and confirm your Product.
- When you connect your Account or share Your Content with your social networking account: When you connect or link to our EZVIZ Services via social networking sites, including by sharing Your Content with friends via your social networking account, such as Facebook, we collect your profile information from your social networking account. For information on what information is shared with us, please review the privacy settings in your social media account or the permission screen presented at the time of connection.
4. Information EZVIZ Collects Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate the EZVIZ website and interact with other EZVIZ Services, EZVIZ may use automatic data collection technologies to collect non-identifying information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns in several ways:
- When you use the EZVIZ Services to help us understand how you are using the service, improve EZVIZ Services, and support: EZVIZ may automatically collect industry-standard, non-identifying information when you access and use our EZVIZ Services. We collect this type of information to provide you with a more relevant experience, to prevent misuse, and to ensure that our EZVIZ Services are working properly. We may also record adjustments you make to our Products through the EZVIZ Services. We store this information along with data collected directly by your Product. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
- When you save and share video content with others on the EZVIZ Services: When you save and share Your Content through EZVIZ Services for other individuals to access, we will collect non-identifying information that will allow you to save and share Your Content.
- When you elect to visit a third-party site from the EZVIZ Services: Our EZVIZ Services may also contain links to other websites operated by third parties and may include social media features such as Facebook and Twitter buttons (such as “Like,” “Tweet,” or “Pin”). We record your interaction with these links.
- When you stream Your Content to the EZVIZ Services: When you use the Product’s recording or streaming features, we may record and process video and/or audio content from the Product. This may include capturing and emailing to you portions of this data as part of a notification or analyzing the data to identify motion or other events. We may process information from your Product so that we can send you alerts when something happens. In addition, if you have the recording features enabled, we will capture, process, and retain video and audio data recordings from your device for the duration of your recording subscription period.
The technologies EZVIZ uses for this automatic data collection may include:
- We may also engage one or more third-party service providers to serve online advertisements on our behalf via EZVIZ Services. They may use a pixel tag or other similar technology to collect anonymous information about your visits to sites, and they may use that information to target advertisements for our Products and EZVIZ Services. This information is collected anonymously, in a manner that does not personally identify you. For more information regarding this practice and to opt-out of such collection and use of this information by our third-party service providers, please see Networkadvertising.org.
- We do not automatically collect personal information, but we may tie your non-identifying information to personal information that you provide to us.
5. How EZVIZ Uses Your Information
- Operate, maintain, improve, and develop our EZVIZ Services and Products;
- To personalize your experience with our EZVIZ Services and Products;
- Increase the safety of our EZVIZ Services and Products – for example, for user authentication, security protection, fraud detection, filing, and backups;
- Provide you with interest-based ads and offers for products and services from us;
- Facilitate and fulfill orders placed through our EZVIZ Services;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, and requested information;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about our Products and EZVIZ Services;
- Allow you to save and share content through our EZVIZ Services; and to
- Enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and determine your interests.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
- To protect our own legitimate business interests when we believe in good faith that we are required or permitted by law to do so. For example, we may share your personal information as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; to combat fraud or criminal activity; to protect our rights or those of our affiliates and users; or as part of legal proceedings affecting EZVIZ.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of EZVIZ’s assets.
We may also disclose non-identifiable information (for example, aggregated or anonymized data) publicly or with third-parties.
7. Choices About How EZVIZ Uses and Discloses Your Information
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and your preferences. However, you can limit the information you provide to EZVIZ as well as the communications you receive from EZVIZ through your Account preferences.
You may choose not to receive commercial e-mails from us by following the instructions contained in any of the commercial e-mails we send or by logging into your Account and adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still e-mail you non-commercial e-mails related to your Account and your transactions regarding EZVIZ Services.
You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third-party ad-servers and EZVIZ served ads online using the National Advertising Initiative’s opt-out tool, the About Ads opt-out tool, or on TRUSTe’s site.
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share certain device data with EZVIZ by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
8. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Keeping your personal information current helps ensure that we provide you with the most relevant offers. You can access and update your personal information via your Account profile. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, deactivating your account, and removing your active profile and data, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases through our EZVIZ Services for financial reporting and compliance reasons. In addition, because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete certain information, we may temporarily retain backup copies of such information before it is permanently deleted.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your Account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. We will also retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. Securing Your Personal Information
EZVIZ has implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard personal information. We also conduct periodic reviews and assessments of the effectiveness of our security controls. Notwithstanding the above, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, EZVIZ cannot guarantee that your personal information is under absolute security with the existing security technology. The safety and security of your information depends on you, and you are responsible for keeping your password to access our EZVIZ Services confidential. Additionally, you acknowledge that EZVIZ is not liable for any losses in the vent your personal information is revealed or stolen due to any force majeure or security issues not caused by EZVIZ. If you have any questions about the security of our EZVIZ Services, you can contact us at email@example.com.
10. Social Community Features
11. International Users
The EZVIZ Services is intended for United States residents. Your personal information will be collected and stored in the United States, and subject to the laws of the United States. If you reside in a country outside the United States, please note that the data protection and privacy laws of the United States may not be as protective as the laws in your country. You are solely responsible for compliance with foreign laws, not EZVIZ, when you provide your personal information and use the EZVIZ Services from outside the United States. You agree that the laws of the United States will govern the processing of your personal information, including any obligations of security and third party sharing.
12. Contact Us; California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the proceeding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of personal information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by EZVIZ pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via our contact information above. Please allow 30 days for a response.