- Password Reset via GUID File
- Password Reset via GUID File
To process your password reset request, please kindly follow the steps below;
1. Insert a USB drive into the USB slot on the unit
2. Click the "Export" button to export the GUID file to the USB
3. Send this GUID file to email@example.comNext, EZVIZ Tech team will send this file to the team to generate a reset key for your device within 24-48hrs
How to Import the GUID file and change your password
The steps below will enable you reset your device:
1. Download attached file and save the downloaded file to a USB drive
2. Insert the USB drive into your EZVIZ Device
3. Click on forgot password and Click "Ok" to go to the password reset menu
4. Locate the file and click on Import5. Follow the prompt to create a new password for your device
***In the future, you can reset your password conveniently by using the file attached to this message or by connecting the EZVIZ device to a router and adding your EZVIZ device to your EZVIZ account. Please follow the steps below to add your EZVIZ device to your account;
1. Download and install the EZVIZ mobile app or from your computer browser(Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari), visit us.ezvizlife.com and click on cloud sign in
2. Create an EZVIZ account or log into an existing account
3. Tap on the “+” sign or “Add a device” icon
4. Select the option to add by serial number
5. Input the 9-digit serial number (0820181021CCWR123456789WCVU) and follow the prompt
6. When prompted, input the new password you have just created for your EZVIZ device and complete the process
- How to Export Videos to an External Device from a DVR/NVR
1. Log into your DVR/NVR
2. Connect your external USB storage device to your NVR/DVR’s USB port
3. From the top menu, Click on device management
4. From the menu on the left, Click on Advanced Settings
5. Then click on Export
6. Select the video(s) you want to export, select the time and date you wish to export and click on the export tab on the bottom of the page, select the destination location on your USB External Storage device and complete the process.
- How to enable and disable Auto-Switching feature for 8/16 channels EZVIZ wired Kits
EZVIZ 8/16CH Wired Kits can switch between views, in a single screen, 2*2, 1*5, and 3*3, depending on the number of ports on the device. This is not a defect, but just a feature that enables users plug and plays without having to do any configuration.
Here is the step-by-step guide to enable you to perform this task:
- Log into your NVR/DVR using a local monitor
- Move the mouse all the way to the top to see the device menu
- From the menu click to stop auto-switching option.
Auto-switching is now off.
- Does EZVIZ wired kits record all the time or only when motion events occur?
EZVIZ wired kits are configured to record continuously by default, Users have the option to configure the device to record continuously, record motion events or disable the recording. When the HDD reaches its maximum capacity, the newest videos overwrites the oldest videos ensuring that you have recordings at all times.
- Can the DVR record sound? If so, how many channels can record audio?
Yes, the DVRs can record audio from one channel only. To do this, connect an amplified microphone to the mic jack on the back of the device and go to the settings page to activate the channel you want.
How to activate Mic recording:
1) Log into your EZVIZ DVR device settings page
2) Click Advanced Settings
3) From the Record menu option, click Parameters
4) Select the camera you want audio for and to activate it
5) Scroll down to stream type
6) Select the Video and Audio options and click Apply.
- Can I Store Video on Another Cloud Storage or NAS?
Wired kits come with an internal hard drive. Other cloud storage services and NAS are not supported.
- How can I Export videos from EZVIZ cloud cameras?
1. Log into your EZVIZ account and tap on the device cover picture to go to the live view page
2. From the Live View tap on the record icon and the recording will start, tap on the icon to stop the recording
3. Go back to the home page, then from the bottom right corner tap on the "more" icon, then tap on "my album"
4. Locate the video you just recorded and save it to your mobile device
- How many device can you add to one EZVIZ account?
You can have up to 128 EZVIZ devices added to one EZVIZ account.
- Can I turn a wired kit into a wireless kit and connect it through Wi-Fi?
EZVIZ HD security systems are not wireless and need to be connected to a router using an Ethernet cable
- Can the night vision feature be turned off on EZVIZ cloud cameras?
EZVIZ Cloud devices and IP wired kits gives you the option to toggle on/off the IR lights.